Hi Folks, I have been looking at how I can set the standard for my date displays in posts and projects.
I’m sure it’s in the instructions somewhere, sorry if this a repeat instruction. But, after much trial and error, I have found the following standard is used to format dates in post and projects.
- in the ‘format date posts’ and ‘format date project’ You can use the following formatting:
- l = day of the week
- d = date in the month
- m = numbered Month eg 2, 3, 4
- M = short month eg Feb, Mar, Apr
- F = long month eg February, March, April
- Y = long year eg 2020
- y = short year eg 20
- other characters, eg commas and slashes and dashes seem to display normally in their context.
I’m sorry I haven’t figured out how to display times I imagine there are a series of codes. If anyone has the answer add to the comments.
So for my purposes, Australian date is formatted “l, d F Y”
United States is, I imagine, “F d, Y” or “m/d/y”
I hope this helps someone!