First I have to say: I love Automad - very easy and smart CMS to generate Websites 🙂
My question: Is there a configuration / way that Automad converts German ‘Umlaute’ characters from page titles in the ‘more common’ syntax for URLs?
Currently Automad generates URLs from the following page titles:
- Page Title: Müller => URL: …/muller
- Page Title: Änderung => URL: …/anderung
- Page Title: Öffentlich => URL: …/offentlich
- Page Title: Großbuchstabe => URL: …/grossbuchstabe
In my opinion the URL in example 4 (double ‘ss’ instead of ‘ß’) is perfect. I would like to have the URL in examples 1 to 3 like that so it is a ‘better readable’ URL for humans (and also for search engines):
- Page Title: Müller => URL: …/mueller
- Page Title: Änderung => URL: …/aenderung
- Page Title: Öffentlich => URL: …/oeffentlich
Many thanks for your answer in advance!