First of all, thank you for building this wonderful tool. I love that it is so lightweight and 'open'.
I am trying to get the mail extension to work. I selected Alpha as the main theme. I added my email address to the email field on the page with the Alpha/contact template. I see the form correctly on the page. I can enter a message and click 'send mail'. But messages entered in the form do not arrive in my email inbox. Also, the success or error message is not shown after clicking the 'send mail' button. What could be the problem? Is it something in Bulma, or something with my server? (I am using one.com). I checked in debug mode in the browser console, but I got no error messages or warnings, except for:
Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. Bron-URL: moz-extension://30cc37c6-c066-4415-b200-23d9c4a8f127/lib/tp/browser-polyfill.min.js Brontoewijzings-URL: browser-polyfill.min.js.map
The honeypot field is hidden, so the page can find the mail.css file.
I tested in firefox and edge.
Second question, after I get the above to work, would the steps below be sufficient to get the mail functionality to work in the Bulma theme?
- Copy the mail folder (including it's 3 files) to be a subfolder of dahmen.
- In the mail.php file change the namespace to dahmen
- Copy the email_form.php snippet to the automad-bulma snippets folder. In it, replace 'standard/mail' with 'dahmen/mail'. Also replace some classes to adhere to Bulma css.
- Create a contact.php template in the automad-bulma folder. With <@ snippets/email_form.php @> in it.
- In automad-bulma/theme.json add the following fields:
"email": "Your contact email address",
"notificationMailError": "Notification text for errors when sendig an email form",
"notificationMailSuccess": "Notification text after successfully sending email",
"placeholderEmail": "Placeholder text for email input field",
"placeholderMessage": "Placeholder text for the message body field",
"placeholderSubject": "Placeholder text for the subject input field",
- In the automad dashboard, on the contact page, add my e-mail address to the e-mail field.
Thanks very much in advance.